RSS FEED

Monday, October 10, 2016

"Upside Down in the Yukon River" - (And a FREE Book Offer For YOU)

Howdy y'all. Book #2 is in the works and I can't wait to share the finished product with you!! Hope this finds you planning your next or first BIG adventure.

An excerpt from the upcoming book "Upside Down in the Yukon River"... enjoy.
(my apologies for any typos. remember I got a 13 ACT in English. True story)

Chapter 7 (Who wants to name it? I'm serious. What should we title it?) -

"The size of your dreams must always exceed your current capacity to achieve them" - Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Nobel Peace Prize Winner

I was most certainly well "over my ski's" on this one. The Yukon River Quest. 715 kms, 444 miles. That is the distance from Whitehorse to Dawson City, Yukon. My longest paddle to date? Perhaps 50 miles. Unknowingly, I had enlisted the assistance of the heavens. Rules of the Universe, of which I was just vaguely aware were now being put to the test. Now, some 12 years later, I can attest to a simple truth. The Universe lines up behind all who dare. It matters not wether you are "qualified" to take on the test or not. I'd suggest if we are already "qualified" it's not much of a dream in the first place. (See chapter starting quote.) I like imagining the secretary to the "Universe" as he/she looks over the constant stream of dreams passing by, occasionally exclaiming "Yes!!! Finally something worthy of our powers. Get luck, fate and coincidence on the line...we got us a real kindred spirit here to help!" The point is this. We are capable of SO much more than we imagine. Most "dreams" once accomplished, looking back were only a small test of what we can achieve.the beauty however, is that with each accomplishment we gain confidence in the Universal laws and begin to trust that we are only limited by our own imagination. The Universe excites in the endless possibility of all things. Armed with the knowledge that impossible exists only within our own minds, the world becomes our playground. If you knew without exception that failure was not an option, would the size and scope of your dreams change?
If you'd like to be informed of the release, save a few bucks and get a free copy of "40 DAYS, Life, Love, Loss and a Historic Run Around One of the World's Largest Lakes" visit www.expandyourpossible.com
#dreamBIGdreams

No comments:

Post a Comment